Flat Avery: Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, I received a letter from my nephew Avery with a self portrait of him cut out and tucked inside. His class at Sibley East Elementary (shout-out!) had just finished Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown, in which one very unfortunate boy is flattened by a bulletin board but then makes the best of it by visiting his friends via the mail. The little self portrait tucked inside my nephew's letter was, in fact, a Flat Avery, mailed to visit me here in Peru.

So, here you go, Buddy! Some pictures of Flat Avery and me in Peru:

Flat Avery relaxing in a hammock on a hot, summer day

Flat Avery and me enjoying a day at the beach

Flat Avery picking maracuyá (passion fruit) in my backyard

More Flat Avery adventures to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heart Flat Avery! I want to send you a Flat Andrea!