The Things I Miss (and don´t miss) Month 1

I know it´s a little early, but as it´s been a month (which is really 3 months in Peace Corps Training-time), I thought I´d share what I miss so far. Some are pretty predictable. Others might surprise you.

Keep in mind: family, friends and beloved pets are a given.

Things I miss (1 month down, 26 to go):

  • HOT SHOWERS
  • Sandwiches
  • Wifi
  • Seedless Fruit
  • Carpeting in homes
  • All forms of affection (hugs, kisses, handholding, etc.)
  • Diet Dr. Pepper
  • Target
  • Bookstores
  • Cheese
  • Toasters
  • Drinking fountains
  • Frozen pizza
  • Random text messaging throughout the day
  • The Daily Show
  • Crossword Puzzles
  • Sunday comics
  • Relatively clean public restrooms
  • Wearing flip-flops

Things I don´t:

  • Campaign ads
  • Lame American media
  • Hummers
  • The desire to own a Wii
  • Tipping
  • Having to drive everywhere
  • Being constantly connected to the internet
  • Hectic daily routines
  • Wal-mart

2 comments:

Fierce Beloved said...

Hello Robyn,

My name is Deborah Lee and I'm an RPCV who served in Morocco from '93-'95. I am currently living in Lima as a missionary (counselor and educator at a Christian school.) I've been here since January 22.

I would love to connect with other PCVs here in Peru. If you are so inclined can you please send my message on to other volunteers? My blog is http://www.fiercebeloved.blogspot.com.

I hope all is going well... even if you miss diet Dr. Pepper! You'll find new things to love here.

Peace,
Deborah

Fierce Beloved said...
This comment has been removed by the author.