A favor

Hey Everyone,

I need a favor. So ... I came home for 18 days to spend Christmas and New Year's with my family and some friends, and it's been amazing. A little too amazing. And now, with only three days left of my trip, I'm starting to, well, freak out a little.

You see, I love my life in Peru. I do. But coming home has made me realize how much better I fit here, and how much I miss my friends and family. It's hit me with a wave of premature homesickness. And I'm finding it a little hard to go back.

So, here's where you come in: I'm in need of a little encouragement. Some help improving my attitude so that I go back to Peru excited and cheery.

Think y'all can help?

4 comments:

Rachel T said...

I know how you feel, it can be really hard to make that transition again. I've had a little bit of practice with it, and I'm still no good at it.

What has always helped me is to think about all of the things that I'm able to do here that I can't do at home, remembering my friends here, and all the people that I've helped here.

If you never take the chance, you never know what life can be like somewhere else. A little bit of your heart is still in Peru, and you'll leave a little bit of it behind when you go. It's kind of like your life is a big puzzle, and each part of it, and every step and move you make, somehow fits exactly right.

Sorry we missed seeing each other, I ended up busy and I'm sure you were, too. Sending all my love!

STLSpurs said...

Eh, it's only another 8 months, which is no time at all. Besides, you're going to be able to live in the U.S. for the rest of your life if you want, anyway.

Although you will probably not get as much Lady Gaga, which is a drawback.

Unknown said...

Missouri doesn't want you here. Im sure Minnesota feels the same. Go somewhere far far away, like Peru.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.